When I think back, I have been a rebel from a very young age. Maybe always was but only my mom could answer that. I remember questioning all the time my teachers, my babysitters, my parents. I'm not sure where that came from but I have always had a strong urge to question 'why'.
|Cinnamon Oatmeal muffins|
This blueberry muffin recipe came from About.com Culinary Arts and I adapted it from there. Adaptations in red.
- 2 cups blueberries
- Can substitute chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup flour, 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- I always cut back on the required sugar. In this case I put about a 1/3 cup
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- I totally omitted the salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- You must substitute liquid for liquid. The first time I used 2% milk; this last time I used fat free Half 'n Half (only because I had some to use up)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- I used egg whites (2 eggs, separated equals one whole egg)
- 4 oz. butter (1/2 stick), melted
- Always use margarine
|Blueberry muffins from Culinary arts.|
Linking up to:
Redoux Interiors Link Party #141
Silver Pennies for Silver Pennies Sunday
Twigg Studios for Sunday Showoff Party
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday
Stephanie Lynn for Sunday Showcase
Three Mango Seeds It's Party Time
DIY Showoff for DIY Showoff Party
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Mod Vintage Life for Mod Mix Monday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Dwellings-Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Thanks for stopping by!