Sunday, February 16, 2014

Breakin' the Rules Muffin Recipe

Pin It

When I think back, I have been a rebel from a very young age. Maybe always was but only my mom could answer that. I remember questioning all the time my teachers, my babysitters, my parents. I'm not sure where that came from but I have always had a strong urge to question 'why'.


Cinnamon Oatmeal muffins

As in most cases with my projects, I start with a Pinterest or website that inspires me and I adapt it. This muffin recipe is no different. The fact is that when I adapt recipes it is usually to suite what I have on hand. 

This blueberry muffin recipe came from About.com Culinary Arts and I adapted it from there. Adaptations in red.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups blueberries
    • Can substitute chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
    • 1 cup flour, 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar 
    • I always cut back on the required sugar. In this case I put about a 1/3 cup
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
    • I totally omitted the salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
    • You must substitute liquid for liquid. The first time I used 2% milk; this last time I used fat free Half 'n Half (only because I had some to use up)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
    • I used egg whites (2 eggs, separated equals one whole egg)
  • 4 oz. butter (1/2 stick), melted
    • Always use margarine
Blueberry muffins from Culinary arts.

The recipe actually calls you to mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately, then combine. I don't do that, I just throw it all in together and mix.

Linking up to:
Making Monday
Serenity Saturday
Redoux Interiors Link Party #141
Silver Pennies for Silver Pennies Sunday
Twigg Studios for Sunday Showoff Party
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday
Stephanie Lynn for Sunday Showcase
Three Mango Seeds It's Party Time
DIY Showoff for DIY Showoff Party
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Mod Vintage Life for Mod Mix Monday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Dwellings-Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. They look great.

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...