Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Relandscaping??

Pin It

Hmmm, I've heard of redecorating but relandscaping? Why not? That's me. I am relandscaping and redesigning my front. You see when we moved into our home the front was already planted with overgrown plants and bushes that I redid first thing. But then I had to carve out an area on the side of the house cause it looked so barren. Well at least it did after we yanked out all the fat, overgrown bushes!

So a couple years later I did just that. I dug out an area along the side of the house and landscaped it. It is beautiful. I love it. Really. But I always wondered why I didn't just connect the side with the front and flow it all together. You know what they say about hindsight? That is something I've been thinking about for a couple years now but never had the gumption to move ahead.

That is until one day. It was a day like any other day. I had a few extra minutes and was near a TJ Maxx so what do you suppose? I ran into the store and found an amazing round metal globe for only $12.99. I loved it. Had no idea what to do with it but I didn't care. So I bought it and started thinking about all the great things I could do with it. 

Fence post mounted in ground.



So I hauled out an old fence post from the shed. Dug a hole, mixed some concrete and put the post in the hole. Then asked my awesome hubby to attach the metal globe. 




Metal globe attached to fence post.


Finished product.


Of course one thing led to another and...well that's for another post.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...