Monday, May 3, 2010

Just a box you say?


Recently my mother-in-law moved a couple of hours away, selling her house that was near us. In the process of cleaning out 20+ years of stuff, she gave me some landscaping lights that I was wanting. She had thrown them in this box that was getting discarded. Wow, can't believe this almost got thrown away. Oh, I gotta say there was some seriously sweet stuff that she got rid of. But, alas, she did not offer any of it to me...sigh.

It is a wooden box from, I don't know how long ago! The box sat in my garage for months cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it but new I couldn't throw it out! It was just 2 kool! I debated about using it for a box to hold wood for the fireplace.

One day, I started messing with it first by washing it out (It had sat in her garage for years!) then I told some pickling stain and whitewashed the box. Let it dry. I then bought some of those decorative balls made of branches to stack in the top. It's a pretty big box and didn't want to buy enough to fill the whole thing (being the cheapo that I am) so i filled the box with some foam.

So, it now has a new home on top of a 'knock down' wardrobe that I found at a sale for $25. The top of the wardrobe once looked bland, but now is grand!



Linking up to:








http://thepersimmonperch.blogspot.com/

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Reinvented

http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

http://pumpkinpatchdesigns.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Love this box and the twig balls! I think it looks great the way it is, very vintage. I'm thinking of doing a vignette on top of my headboard, so I'm really checking out displays like yours. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! Love your blog and all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aah, for bland to grand - i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. That box is amazing! You totally scored with that one. It looks really great on top of your cabinet. I got an old box from freecycle and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it. It is quite a bit bigger than yours. We'll see.
    Thanks for linking up to my Transform Tuesday party. I can't wait to see what you come up with for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally cute...I need to hang some floating shelves and come up with a cute vignette...will be coming back to look once I get those shelves hung...
    http://chambersmade.blogspot.com/2010/05/girl-needs-bottoms.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...