Monday, January 23, 2012

Fun, Colorful, and Homemade

Pin It



Well, is the Cabin Fever hitting anyone yet? We are in the heart of winter in Michigan and that brings a lot of dull, dreary weather and traps us indoors. Two days ago it was 5 degrees (se-rious-ly!) with a bunch of snow. Last night, it rained like a fool along with a bunch of thunder and lightening. Only to wake up today to 49 degree temperature (at 8am). But wait, don't blink your eye because it's supposed to get colder this afternoon and the rain turn to snow. Did I say FUN?


Sometimes it gets hard to find things to keep those little guys occupied during this season of snow, and rain, and cold. I found a great playdough project at a kindergarten event that I went to and I use it in my job all the time. Now, I bet you are curious where I work, huh?


This project is not only bright and cheerful but cheap? In fact, you probably already have the ingredients in your home! It's Kool-Aid Playdough.














You won't believe how it's made! It is soooo simple.


1-1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid or Kool-Aid substitute (dry)
1 cup boiling water
1-1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil


In a bowl mix flour, salt, and dry Kool-Aid. 
Stir in water and oil, Knead with floured hands for 3 minutes.
Store in bag for up to 2 months.




Smells wonderful, is non-toxic,
and takes on the color of the
Kool-Aid. Even your kids
can make it!






Hooking up this week to:


Making Monday Marvelous
Metamorphosis Monday
Motivate Me Monday
Project Queen
Get Your Craft On
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
Diary of a Crafty Lady














Boogieboard Cottage

6 comments:

  1. Your play dough looks great! I tried to reply to your comment, but you have the "no reply" here is how to fix it if you want.
    http://btweenblueandyellow.blogspot.com/2010/11/thank-you-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this with my kids! Thanks for sharing! I also wanted to let you know I'm hosting my first giveaway...I'd love you to stop by & enter to win a My Memories digital scrapbooking software. Thanks!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog thanks for your kind comments

    Brooke
    Start at home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors! My daughter would love to make this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *TIME SENSITIVE* Greetings from Kristen Welch (www.wearethatfamily.com) and Jen De Groot. We're compiling the best tips submitted to Works for Me Wednesday into an e-book and would love to include you. Please contact us at thatworks4me (at) gmail (dot) com as soon as possible for more details. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! I would have never thought of making play dough with Kool-aid. I will definitely try this, the next time we make play dough with my boys. Thanks for linking up with us on the TGIF Blog & IG Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...