Tuesday, March 13, 2012

IT's Fun to be a Copycat!

When I saw this table at Pottery Barn, I fell in. love.
Quick photo taken with my phone that was hidden under my shirt!!
Well I certainly wasn't expecting to ever have my own Pottery Barn table like this, way out of my budget for sure. But, little did I know that one day...my hubby would come home with a BIG surprise. He found a cool old desk on the curb as he was dropping our kids off. The funniest part? He drove all the way home to describe it to me and ask if I wanted it. Really? Was that even necessary?

Bless his heart, he drove back to get it and it was still there, looking a bit worse for the wear but oh, the character!

Look at this beauty!

It actually sat in the middle of my kitchen for a couple of weeks and I was seriously tempted to keep it there. Never thought I really had room for a kitchen island but loved the extra counter space. But, it was a bit too short. So, I looked at it, and thought, looked at it, and thought and decided it would make a great coffee table. Time to get busy!

Chop go part of the legs, took the top off and started painting.

Chopped!

Table with no top
My hubby cut off about 2 inches down the side of the table top where there was a big gash, I sanded them and mixed a little leftover brown paint with clear glaze and water. Then, I simply painted the top with my mixture, let it set a minute, and wiped it back. Really let's the woodgrain show through! Painted the base of the table top with Heirloom White spray paint. Beautiful color! 

Love the rustic charm, even has a little warp in the tabletop.


Up close and personal

My DIY Rescue a.k.a. Curbside Beauty

Hookin it up this week at:


4 comments:

  1. That is perfecto! What a sweet hubby..that he did that for you. I love the table. Thanks so much for sharing in the challenge. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes a great coffee table and you did a beautiful job on the refinish.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe the great things that people throw away. You turned it into a beautiful coffee table.LOL at hiding your phone under your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table copycat turned out so well as a coffee table. It looks as good as the Pottery Barn one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...