Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter project #2 Yardstick Wall Art

Pin It

Several months ago, I bravely rescued several yardsticks from my father-in-laws house as we were cleaning up the estate. Why? Because they were cool. Isn't that a good enough reason?




Rulers cut and laid out


MDF cut out purchased for 2.99.


Dry fit.

I find I've been doing that more and more as I get older. Not 
sure if age has anything to do with it or that hoarding gene is rubbing off on me! Geesh, I hope not but seriously I couldn't pass these up they were just way too cool!

Painted with leftover grey paint.
Added silver leaf
.
To me, the coolest thing is the history they represent. Kresge Co., Augusta Lumber, and Alexander Elevator Co. All 
businesses that are no longer. I love historical houses and buildings so it was really a no brainer for me.


Rustic meets glam.
So as they sat in my basement for the past six months as I viewed all the cool yardstick Pinterest projects I wondered what to do with my measly 3 yardsticks. Not really enough to do anything much but I really wanted to use them in some way. So happy with how they turned out! Have you created any yardstick art?



I am linking to the following parties:
 Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Fri
                                            French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
 The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Fri 
Common Ground for Be Inspired Fri
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home ,
 Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Fri
 Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Fri
Rooted In Thyme; Sweet Fri
 Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Linky Party
 Redoux Interiors Friday Party
 The Flying C for DIY Done Party
 Pieced Pastimes for Saturday Sparks Linky
Funky Junk Interiors for Party Junk
It's Overflowing for Overflowing with Creativity Sat. 
Be Different Act Normal for Show and Tell Sat.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and I love what you did with it! The fleur de lis is a great addition. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...