Monday, April 7, 2014

Avoiding the Pack Rat

Pin It

I am by no means a pack rat and actually hate hanging on to stuff if it's not being used. But sometimes it pays to hang on to stuff. And recently, it has paid off big. I have had extra fabric, purchased about three years ago to add to the bottom of my kitchen curtains, that I have hung onto since then. Many times I have looked at it and almost tossed it. I just couldn't think of what to do with it but loved the materials three years ago, and still love it today!


Buffet table runner


Cut the size I wanted, folded over the edges, and
used glue and iron on seam tape to make two table runners.
In fact, I was even able to cover a couple of chairs! Read more about my chair rescue project here.

Covered seat cushions on painted chairs.

Sometimes it pays to hang onto stuff!

 
 
 
 
Linking up this week to:

Inspire Me Monday at Domestically Speaking
Before and After at Thrifty Decor Chick
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Making Monday

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chair and the pillow. Lucky that you did hold on to that fabric. I'm not a pack rat either but I do have a closet full of decorating items that rotate in and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cyndi, just saw your stepping stones post on Hometalk and thought I'd stop in. Your runner and chairs look terrific! I have quite a hoard of fabric, and it has always come in handy at some point! Have a great day!

    Val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...