Sunday, May 21, 2017

Raised Vegetable Planter and Poison Ivy

For several years I have been trying to find a good spot to plant vegetables. Unfortunately most of the sun that our property gets is where someone put the pool. So, other than a small area near the pool house, there is nowhere that really gets enough sun for a good vegetable garden.

The base (legs) are made with pine and the box is cedar.


The last two years I have planted this small area with tomatoes and peppers. The plants do great but they never grow many vegetables and they never get really big. 

Apparently the cedar will not rot from the moisture or dirt. We did not even stain it!

Last year, I saw this cool wood planter at one of the local home improvement stores and my husband bought the wood to build one for Mother's Day. Well life happened and the wood sat in the garage for that year. But this year? Yup, this year my husband spent the weekend of Mother's Day building my planter. It turned out great and I am so excited!

Tomatoes, green peppers, and beans oh my!
Oh but, yeah, I have poison ivy and it's only May. Sigh.

Linking up at:

Amaze Me Monday  
Feathered Nest Friday
Grace at Home 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...