Monday, June 28, 2021

Master Bedroom of a #1951renovation



A year and a half into our new #1951renovation and I finally have some time to share. We have been so busy with updates and remodeling! What a crazy journey but we are super close to having the major upgrades completed. But for anyone who knows me, it is never done! The projects in my mind are ever changing and usually 4-5 projects ahead of what we are currently working on.






This photo is how the bedroom looked when we moved in. The pendant lights were removed. NOT because we didn't light having a light there but the switch for the light in on the side wall near the floor. Lived with it for a short time but it was super inconvenient to use!






Removed the cupboard doors and the trim underneath (found a couple cool things in the cupboards.) Hard to understand how anyone could use these as you have to be on a step ladder to access. My original hope was to tear the whole thing down but we could not make that happen. Not sure if it was original to the house but whoever installed it did a great job!







I ran into so many obstacles with this project which affected my vision vs. the reality! But, I think it ended up well and looks much better than before.

Linking up to:

#1951renovation
#oldhouses
#1951midcenturyranch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...