Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wall Renovation

Starting with a blank slate is always a good thing, right? I have been staring at this blank wall for more than a year not sure just what I wanted to do with it.  I have started a couple of different projects for this space but never finished them cause nothing seemed quite right. I spent $20 on trim that I didn't use, I started painting some old frames that are now in my basement half painted. Still didn't seem to work.

In the meantime I was collecting white plates that I found on clearance or at Salvation Army not sure what I was going to do with them either. But I took pictures along the way because I was sure that I was going to wow everyone with my great DIY projects! Well I don't know about the rest of you but oftentimes my projects start out one way and by the time I'm through end up 180 degrees from where they started. Such is the case with this. I love how it turned out though. It is simple, nothing worthy of great accolades but it fits the room well and reflects more light into a dark space. The best part was the price. I didn't pay for than $3 for any one plate. Couple I paid $1. for. And, the mirror was on sale for $25.!




Joining up with Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...