Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

The mirror you see in the first picture here is real but, to protect the innocent, the identity of this mirror has been changed. While it cannot be proven that this mirror did anything more than sit on a mantle, dull and bored, for the safety of all and for the well being of those in the vicinity of the mirror, it's identity HAD TO BE CHANGED. Oh, well I suppose the fact that it was G O L D might have been a factor in it's identity crisis.

 Now you might think that I have something against gold finishes. Well no, I don't. But, this mirror was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and for the wrong purpose. Oh yes, I purchased this mirror to grace the top of this mantle but from the moment I bought it, nothing was right. So, I got a can of spray paint, taped off the mirror and sprayed away. I liked what I saw but it still was not right. So I found some white pickling glaze and antiqued over the newly sprayed white finish, gave it a new home and...behold, it was all good.


Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...