Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm Almost There...

Well, that really isn't true because if I've learned anything about myself over the years is that I like to change things up. It makes life interesting, keeps me smiling, and drives my husband crazy! But he loves me and he helps me out all the time with my little projects. God bless him.

Well, the kitchen project was a biggie. Small renovation in the big picture but a huge transformation. There are still many things I would like to change. In a dream world, if money were no object, I would replace my cupboards, remove the counter bar area and put in an island. I would add quartz countertops, rewire above the sink for more lighting, replace my refrigerator. Dare I go on?

But alas, this is not to be. So, I was able to change up my kitchen a whole lot and brighten it. You can see some of the before shots in this post, and the renovation shots here. Folks, we had oak. Now I like oak. really. Okay, not so much. Let me rephrase, I used to like oak a  w h o l e  bunch but I guess this is one of the things that has changed over the years.

I know many of you would 'decorate' much more than I have. With knick knacks and pretty dishes. I would love to but the reality of my life is that it very rarely even looks this clean. I mean come on, I have three high school boys that never stop eating! But I know that someday. in the not to distant future, I will miss the mess.

So, I am learning to be grateful. Grateful that there are so many wonderful decorating blogs out there where I can steal ideas and get inspiration. Grateful for paint. Paint is an amazing creation, it can change your world for a small price! Grateful that my oak cabinets could be painted, knobs added, and it looks like a whole new kitchen. And somewhere down the road, I will have a perfectly decorated kitchen with everything in it's place and clean all the time. But then, my boys would be gone, wouldn't they? So for now, I am enjoying the journey. I hope you enjoy!


Cabinets/counter top before.
Another before shot.





Linking up this week to:

Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple














2 comments:

  1. Lovely kitchen! You're right, enjoy those boys!! Kitchens can wait!

    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful redo! I love your "new" kitchen. The backsplash is fabulous! And, thank you for your sweet note about my chalk paint fireplace! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...