|In this picture, I wasn't worried about a thing...ahhhh.|
Some people though, have the answers early on. They seem to always have set goals and know exactly what they want to be or what they want to do when they grow up. Me? Not so much. Life has been a series of seasons for me and each season has brought new ideas and new goals. But oftentimes, those goals are dictated by the circumstances I am in.
So, when I received an email that asked "What does my blog want to be when it grows up? Wow, that was tough. I didn't have many answers so I decided to spend the week thinking about it. Now the week is up and, yup, I'm kind of clueless. This led me to reading a lot of the posts from people just like me who are daring to dream and set goals. Some far reaching and some easy. Proverbs says that "without vision, the people perish." I kind of feel like I'm perishing at times because I don't have much in the way of vision.
I think a little history is in order. I feel like I am new to the blog world although in reality, I have been blogging for a couple of years but honestly? I did not really have the time to blog because the pressure that I allowed from reading all those fantastic blogs took me away from doing what I loved to...decorate. So I figured that the decorating was more important to me and reading about the decorating, grabbing ideas and inspiration was great also so why worry about writing a blog. But there is this part of me that wants to pursue the blogging. So here I am trying to cast some vision for my blog.
1. Inspirational. I get so inspired when I read others blogs. I get so many ideas that spine into other ideas and combinations of ideas. I want to do this for others as well. Big task? Yup.
2. Relationships. The world is getting smaller and it is possible to build relationships with people all over the world. I want to build relationships with other like-minded women who want to simply make their home as beautiful and as inviting as possible
3. Presentation. Yup, it's all in the presentation. In the case of blogging, presentation involves good photography, good content, and good ideas. Now THAT is big!
4. Empowering. I have had the pleasure, over the years, to empower local friends to step out of their comfort zone and do things that they never thought they could. Mostly in the area of home improvement. I love that feeling and want to empower others out there to know that they can do most anything they set their mind to. I hope that what they see in my blog and in what I do can empower others to know they can do it to!
5. Challenging. Most important to me is to keep growing my skills and myself into being a better person, making my home beautiful, and learning valuable trades along the way. I want to challenge others as I have been challenged.
From the time this started to the time I started writing (5 minutes ago) this post has gone down a road I didn't expect and is leaving me with a lot to live up to. It feels vulnerable to be me, present 'me' to the world and see how I'm received. But, here goes!
The Decorating Chica
ThistleWood Farms "What do you want your blog to be when it grows up?"