Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Impossibilities become possible...a.k.a. "I did it!"

I don't know how many of you remember the "Imagine the Impossibilities" challenge from January? Well, I kept seeing this challenge crop up on many of the blogs I follow and it intrigued me. Never one to run from a challenge, I thought "what is it that has challenged me with remodeling my home." Gotta say it took a few days to think over and then I realized the challenge was right in front of my face.


I mean, I walked by this thorn in my side at the very least, 15-20 times a day! I have had an aversion to this for the 7 years we have been in this home. But I still didn't jump right into the challenge because I was afraid. First off, I was clueless what to do about this thorn. How do I turn this thorn into a thing of beauty? Before I realized what I was doing, I joined the challenge. I figured this, if nothing else, would motivate me to do something with my thorn!


So, I bet you are dying to know what has bothered me for so long?


My thorn! This picture is post-spindles which 
you can see in the picture below.
 (Please ignore the loads of groceries on the counter! 
A constant state of affairs in my home!.)


The original version with their 'jail-like' spindles.
Oh, and our goofy friends!
Bet you don't blame me now for hating these eyesores, huh? After weeks of searching Pinterest for ideas, I really came up without much. One day, I ran into this transformation!
Forgive me, I do not have proper credit for this idea.
Suffice it to say, it was a HUGE transformation!
This started my brain a thinking so I headed to the Habitat Restore and found some crown moulding, picked up picture frame trim from Menard's and used the spare board from our dining room Bored and Batty transformation. The outcome? Glad you asked!



This is how it looks at the moment.
Probably will stay that way for the summer
but I doubt that it is done transforming!

Beautiful thing!



Hooking up this week to:






Pin It

7 comments:

  1. that is a great project you have going. I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes. Why don't you link it up to the first link party that i'm cohosting :) http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/04/ufo-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so much better! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great transformation!

    Fantastic Job!

    -Joanne
    @ Double-Wide in the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a huge difference! This little wall looks so sleek and modern now! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It is so much prettier! Almost like you wanted it there on purpose. Great transformation.. glad you finally got around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out so beautiful! I love the moulding you chose! You finished it so well! great job! :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The trim really takes it up a notch. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...