Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not for the faint of heart!

Pin It


High School Graduation #101, Part 1


I don't know about you but I always have a ton of projects going on in my head. Of course, these projects are always easy peasy and just need a little paint, a little elbow grease, and walaa! NOT!


Shall we say that this project was not for the faint of heart?
Such was the porch lamp project. Actually for some time I have wanted to take down our outside light fixtures and spray paint them. A graduation open house is driving us to kick it up a notch and get some things done. Bring it on! So, Step one of High School Graduation #101...sprucing up the outside. Projects include, but are not limited to:




1. Remulching the front landscaping
2. Painting light fixtures--check
3. Power washing the house.
4. Washing the windows.
5. Trimming up the trees and bushes.
6. Installing my long desired fire pit area
7. Adding a flagstone path to the pool
8. Replacing the front privacy fence and gate
9. Replace rotted pool house doors
10. Fix back steps/deck area.


Okay I would say that I need to just stop here. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. 


Well, since we are in the throes of a senior graduating high school and going off to a major university, dare I say that some of these projects won't get fixed anytime soon. Do you have a clue what college is costing these days?


Painting in process!




I decided to focus on some small things that make a big difference and cost pennies to update. Mostly time. Painting the outside light fixtures was one of them. Piece of cake, huh? Seriously these fixtures are about 30 years old and I'm betting there were just many years of dead bugs, cobwebs, and other nasty stuff. But after tearing them all apart, washing each piece, spraying them down, and reassembling...


Restored to beauty again! Couldn't believe how much more light there is!

Hooking up this week to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...