Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Stuck in my craw

Pin It

Do you ever get something stuck in your craw?

I mean something that just won't go away? An idea that won't leave?





Thus the story of my firepit. You see there was a wee little fire pit when we moved into our home.



And I loved it. Really. I did.


But I wanted more. I wanted bigger and better. Now what's wrong with that?


My husband agreed with me after all. Who can ask for more.


Garage sale pot for .25 cents.


And bless him. He agreed with me so much that he and the boys started tearing up sod and sculpting out a great size firepit. I was so excited! I was.


Except that in less than four weeks I was hosting my first ever graduation open house!


Tin planter for .25 cents.

Busted brick in background? Priceless!

Now, some people say that timing is everything. I'm here to tell you.

So when they asked me to come and see what they had done. I kept calm. I didn't freak out. I didn't yell. I smiled and told them how sweet it was to do this for me. A gift for Mother's Day after all!



And three weeks later, one week before the open house, when the dirt was piled in mounds and the brick pavers were not put in and sod was everywhere. I did not panic.



Yup, you got it. I did just what the rock in my new firepit says..."pray continually".


Linking up this week to:


Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday at Kammy's Korner
Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Show Off Your Stuff at FIreflies and Jelly Beans
 Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Someday Crafts    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...