Saturday, April 9, 2016

Quick and Easy Fried Apples

Pin It

I don't know about you but I would rather be decorating than cooking any day. In fact, I probably would rather be doing most anything other than cooking. However I do like to fix a good meal for my family and they certainly enjoy it which, honestly, makes cooking somewhat rewarding. Plus it is the one time that we all sit down together during the day and connect. That. is. priceless.


You can add additional items like dried cranberries and walnuts.




Fried apples is one of those dishes and the recipe is super flexible. You can even use apples that are getting a bit over rip and therefore a tad on the mushy side because you are frying them so they will be soft anyway!

Fried Apples


  • Peel and quarter apples (quantity is dependent on how much you want and how many people you are serving).
  • Melt butter in a frying pan (I usually use 1/4-1/2 a stick and about 8-10 apples). The butter needs to be just enough to coat the pan. Once the apples start frying the juice of the apple will keep them from burning.
  • Add ins. Add a little bit of brown sugar (less than a 1/4 cup. Again this would depend on the amount of apples, the type of apples, and how sweet you like them) and cinnamon.
  • Additional add ins can be dried cranberries, pecans or walnuts.
Cook on medium low heat until soft. Serve warm.

Linking up this week to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...