Saturday, January 28, 2023

DIY Firepit area

Pin It


I love my propane fire table that I use on the patio. But there is something about a log fire pit, am I right? This past fall my kids dug up an area in the side backyard for a new fire pit area. The labor was a belated birthday present and my DIL killed it! She is a worker and easily outworked my boys!

Digging up the sod.


Found this as we were digging. No idea what it
connects to, however we have  indications there
used to be a sprinkler system in the back yard.





Laying brick border.






This is the river pebble we used in between the limdstone.









Using limestone for old retainer
wall to form a rug look.


Finished, sans the grass seed and landscaping
that will
happen in the spring. Center area is for the fire pit.





Done! And just before Thanksgiving!



Anxious for spring to get back out and landscape the area, add the firepit, and the pergola.

Thanks for looking!

Linking up to:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...