Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yup, someday

Pin It

Do you ever have all these things stored away for those 'some day' projects? Yup, me too. They collect on my long list of things I want to do but never seem to have the time to do them list. You know the one I'm sure.

Now that the summer is half gone and we have settled into somewhat of a summer routine, I have been tackling some of those 'some day' projects.


 
Once upon a time she was a beautiful ornamental globe that graced my garden.
Her days of splendor gone, it was time for a new look.
 
It is such a feeling of accomplishment, especially when all those 'some day' projects that are in your head actually end up working and bringing together something new and cool!


Pile of busted glass and plates that I found in my father in law's basement.
Not sure whose they were or were they came from but they were cool. |
And they were old.
When I started revamping this old girl, I wasn't sure what to do. Then I remembered the bag of busted plates that I saved from my father in law's estate sale! Didn't know what to do with them at the time but they were too cool to pass up and ended up on my 'some day' list of things.



A little spray paint from my paint shelf, glued on the glass, added some grout left over from our dining room floor project and she has a whole new life! All it cost was a tube of adhesive for 2.99!

Linking up this week to:

Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Trash to Treasure Tuesday
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House   

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a fun garden piece! Great idea. I'm visiting from Kammy's Korner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...