Sunday, March 29, 2015

Third Time's the Charm, right?

Pin It

At least that's what they say. However you put it, this is my third hit at updating my photo gallery and it is definitely my favorite!

I started this project back in 2011 (wow!) and have changed it slightly I think 3 times now. (Why can't I just leave things alone?) You know how you change just one little thing and then, the next little thing needs to change to make the first little thing even better? Well, you get what I'm saying.

That was the case with this picture gallery. It started out like this:

This was the first version of my photo gallery and I was pretty happy with it!
Read more here.
Then I changed the inside color to a darker grey which gave it more pop and I added a little decorative element to the top.

Of course I changed the pictures up slightly and squeezed in more of them!

But then I decided to paint the walls the same grey that was inside the gallery frame (cause I'm into grey now...who knew?) which led to less 'pop' but no time to change it again.

So a couple weeks ago I got out the paint from the dining room, took down the photos (dusted them...whoo!) and painted the back with the navy from the dining room. Updated the picture with recent family photos and added a silver metallic to the decorative thing-a-magig and I'm done.


Third time is the charm, right? We'll see.


Joining this week to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...