Saturday, October 24, 2015

Ahhh, the taste of Fall

Pin It


So, yeah by the title you might be led to believe that this post is about fall food, right? Nope. It is about the gloriousness of the fall season. Can't you just feel it and taste it? When they say that fall is in the air, there is just something about it.  I. totally. love. it.

Simple baskets with pumpkins and gourds is my preferred fall style.


But, despite my love of fall I really don't pull out all the stops to decorate for it. In fact, I am just coming indoors (so to speak) from spending the summer outside enjoying our pool and gardening. Oh and vacations! So I am just not ready to spend a ton of time decorating but I do like to have touches of fall in my house.

I love osage oranges, don't you! They are cheap and smell great.


But back to the cooking. Fall makes me want to cook. There I said it!
Seriously don't tell anyone though. Fall is a busy time in our household, mostly with outdoor work. Lots of leaves, winterizing the lawn, closing the pool, pulling all my garden decor and storing it. You know the drill. Between that and the trips to the apple orchard, making apple sauce, I don't have time to spend it decorating inside when I can be outside.

Simple switch from the plate that normally hangs here and adding the fall leaf art contributes to the overall fall appeal.

Baskets of fall flowers in simple crates is my look.


Love the simple, rustic look.
So yeah, I still love decorating but I love fall more and I cherish the time enjoying the beautiful outdoors. Besides God is a much better decorator than I could ever be!



Enjoy your fall, Christmas is coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...