Sunday, January 17, 2016

Don't pass it up, seriously.

Pin It

I don't know about you but I always have a list of little things that I need to shop for to complete one project or another. Always.

The problem is when I get the chance to stop into my favorite consignment shops, or HomeGoods I oftentimes get overwhelmed cause there is so much cool stuff! And my mind. goes. blank. Seriously. This especially happens when I go to big flea markets and places where there is row upon row of great stuff. I just can't focus.

Both the mirror and the gold wall decor were random buys because I loved them. Now they hang together and make a great wall grouping!



The blue plate I purchased at a consignment shop for 1.50. Couldn't exactly pass that up!

So I decided to take a different approach several years ago. I made up my mind if I saw something that I just loved I was gonna buy it. Even if I didn't know what I was gonna do with it. So that's what I've done. Which sometimes means that I have stuff that sits in my basement. Sometimes for a couple years. But always, if I wait long enough, the opportunity arises where that piece I have been saving is just what I need to complete a project!


These two little black frames I grabbed at a garage sale, removed the pictures inside, and have had the frames for about 6 months. Finally I found a place to use them! Just couldn't get them in focus!

These two little wreaths I couldn't pass up


This mason jar full of buttons was only $6.00! Why did I get them? Because I have had a project in my head that requires lots of buttons. Have you seen the price of buttons in the fabric stores? Crazy expensive Will I get to the project? I hope so but in the meantime, they sit on a shelf and look pretty.

So there you have it, my dirty little secret! I mean, come on, we all have them.

Linking up to:
Pretty Pintastic Link Party
Inspire Me Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...