Saturday, April 22, 2017

Lessons Learned from the Garden

Each spring, as I am trying to banish the ravages of winter from my landscaping and gardens. I am reminded how hearty the weeds are and how invasive. Whether the weather is cold, we are in a drought, or if it is hot and humid, weeds adapt and often thrive! More importantly, they keep on growing and pushing through to wreak havoc in my gardens.

Marshal Garden Tour 2016


As I work in my flower beds, pulling the weeds and tilling the soil, I am often hit with the analogy of the weeds. Weeds are much like the 'bad' in life. They take constant work to keep them from overtaking my garden and they easily thrive in the worst of times. It takes constant energy and effort to keep the weeds from taking control.

Marshall Garden Tour 2016


Like the weeds, it is easy to let the negative creep in. A constant battle with Satan to banish the negative and keep focused on the good. But just like the weeds, if we persevere in keeping the negative from creeping into our minds, soon we will see the world with a different perspective. In our gardens, if we persist in pulling the weeds to allow the beautiful plants to grow, soon our gardens will flourish and the beauty will outshine the ugly.


Side yard garden


Yes, it takes time. It takes care. But it is worth all the effort. The Bible says 'in all things be content.' I believe that the road to contentment is to persistently work at pushing the bad and negative out and allowing the gratitude and gratefulness to flow in.

Time to get back in the garden! Enjoy your weekend.

Linking up to:

Feathered Nest Friday

Grace at Home 246



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...