Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Learning to be content

Pin It

Sometimes I amaze myself. Sometimes I am disappointed in myself. Yet sometimes, I am status quo with myself. But at all times, I have learned to say thanks. Thanks to God for allowing this life.

Many would say it's a little life and yeah, it probably is. But it's my life and I love it!

A dresser upgrade, using homemade chalk paint. See the full story Homemade chalk paint.

Over the years, I have learned to be content. Now this did not come naturally, I had to fight long and hard and go through many trials to get to that place. I'm sure that much of it could be contributed to age but much of it has been due to the many trials and down times that I have encountered.

Just Call Me a Thief. Read about my Pinterest Inspired DIY Wall Art.


God has such a sense of humor because oftentimes, when I feel like I have 'arrived' and am at a new level of refinement, another trials comes my way. But much like the roller coasters I have ridden, over the years I am more content riding the smaller coasters that have less drastic ups and downs. Which is a great reflection of how I coast through life. I am finding that as the years fly by and the trials come and go, I am less likely to have the drastic highs and lows but tend to coast along with only a few bumps in the track.

Pottery Barn Knock Off


Maybe it's because I am learning. Yup, learning to be content.

Linking up to:

Inspire Me Tuesday
Trash to Treasure Tuesday
Happiness Is Homemade Linky Party
Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my nest. I love to hear from my visitors! Leave your comments here:

The Wallpaper from Hell

Pin It My first project of 2024 finds me updating my hallway with board and batten wainscoting and peel and stick wallpaper treatment at th...